Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Much Needed Announcement



So I’ve disappeared for a while for two reasons…

1.        I graduate in less than three weeks, so I’ve been working my butt off to stay alive and pass with at least decent grades.  Although, being honest, at this point I’d be happy with any passing grade.

2.       I have had some really exciting news and because I wanted to wait to share it… I simply have had to just keep my mouth shut or it will come exploding out!



Kenny and I are expecting a baby BOY on September 9th!!!

It all started on our second anniversary when we were celebrating by picking up some groceries on our way to Park City.  Suddenly in the middle of Wal-Mart I explained to Kenny that I desperately wanted to eat some tomato soup (if you know me at all, you know I HATE tomatoes of any kind).  Kenny laughing at me told me we had better buy me a pregnancy test because if this was not a sign of pregnancy he didn’t know what was.  Well laughing and joking we snuck over to the you-know-what-aisle and embarrassingly I made Kenny go buy THE TEST.  We went home to put away our groceries before we set out on our trip and Kenny reminded me of the test.  Still laughing at the whole situation I went and did my business on it and turned it face down on the sink.  You see, this has been our plan for a while, to find out together if we were pregnant.  So we set a timer for three minutes and waited.  Kenny went to flip over the test and as I was expecting to see just one line…. I saw two.  We are pregnant!  We both looked at each other and laughed, so I took two more.  These only proved twice more that we were really pregnant!  We were so happy beyond all reason we could just not stop laughing and smiling.  We drove to Park City a little later and bought a very gender neutral baby outfit.  Our checks were literally sore from smiling.  We had to tell someone but knew it was too early… so Kenny told the cashier at one of the stores we went too.  If only she knew that she was the first to know, I think she might have felt a little more special.  So now here we are 17 weeks along and we already found out that it is definitely a boy!  We couldn’t be more excited!  So now that the news is finally out, maybe I can start writing a wee bit more without having to hold myself back! 





13 comments:

  1. Ha ha glad I found your blog from fb! You are too cute! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I'm so excited to meet the little guy! I love him so much already!! Cute pictures of you guys. You are both so fun. Love all three of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and YAY for graduating!! So excited to walk with you!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited that a) you already told me before you posted on your blog haha and b) that I got to hear the whole story. Oh and that's you're having a boy!!! So excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you guys are having a boy!!!!! Thats awesome!!! Congrats you guys! Love you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We finally get to be grandparents. Can you teach Roy and Ell how to become parents?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw Debbie Rooker congratulating you so I had to see what it was all about... Congratulations becoming parents is the best thing in the world until you become grandparents... that makes 3 on the MacAffee side thats awesome...
    Heres to a happy and healthy son!!
    Dave and Beth Street

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! =D Love how you guys figured out you were probably pregnant. Classic! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! So exciting! Kenny, I always knew you would be a great dad bc when I was pregnant you were always so excited to see what fruit or veggie my baby was compared to in size each week. So happy for you guys. Little boys are seriously the best ( I'm a little biased though.) Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you don't really know me, but I've been stocking you. :) I am so excited for you guys!! I love the idea of holding the baby-sized fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo that is so freaking EXCITING! And that's a good story too! Bring on the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, this is going to be one cute baby boy, with some seriously tan skin judging from your pictures in Hawaii! I am so excited for you guys, and a little scared for the crazy stuff Kenny is going to teach him too. Can't wait to meet him, and hopefully our boys can be good friends at the reunions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! I'm so excited for you! I wondered with all the stuff on pinterest! You will make great parents!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...