Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Even though it’s mother’s day I wanted to take some time and reflect on many different women in my life who have left footprints in my heart! 
Of course I have to start with my mom.  My mom takes anything and can turn it into a good thing.  She is positive and loving and will talk to me on the phone anytime at all!  She has a way of making me feel better no matter what it is!  She my support system and my own personal cheerleader!

My dear mother in law, Beth is how I have learned courage and faithfulness.  No matter what happens to her she is always faithful and true and it has been such a good example to me!

My oldest sister Amy has made me realize how important prayers are.  I think my prayers are truly more thoughtful now because of her.  She taught me that they are directly to Heavenly Father, and he does indeed hear them!
My second oldest sister Katie has taught me concern for others.  No one else is as aware of others as she is.  I feel that I can be more thoughtful of others because I see how she treats others. 

My sister in law Mandy has been the best example of being proud of yourself and who you are.  She has taught me that it is okay to simply be yourself and proud of it.  This was especially helpful advice to me as I was about to move far away.

My other sister in law Dione has been an example of positive attitude and just purely how to have fun inlife.  She has taken me into my new family and made me feel right at home.  She has been a great example of how to laugh at the silly things in life.      

My grandma is so sweet.  She has taught me to recognize moments of opportunity to serve.  Right before I left for Delaware she prepared me a package of cookies to take with me.  She is also an example of love.

Even my friends have taught me by example of how great it is to be a woman!
My dear friend Elliot has taught me to love each stage of life while appreciating the past but also looking forward to the future.  She is always there to lend a listening ear and helpful advice.

My other dear friend Shellena has been such an example of mother love.  Seeing her light up while holding her brand new baby girl has shown me how exciting it really is to be a mother!  She is an excellent homemaker and been an example of what I want to be in my home!

Each and these woman and many more have been examples that shape me daily into the person I want to become! I am so greatful for all of them!!! Happy “Woman are Great” Day!!!  

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful day! You inspire me too! You have such a fun and positive attitude about life! You make everyone around you feel loved and appreciated. Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear friend Andrea...
    First of all, I'm really looking forward to this more free time you will have! Look how many blog posts you've done! I read all and loved ALL! You're the funniest, awesomest girl! Happy "women are great" day to you too- because you are one great woman! I already miss you to pieces, but I'm excited for you! You're going to have so many adventures over there! Stay happy and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying all the blog posts! You are so sweet. Haha, it's funny to see that you can see my all my worries and anxiousness as caring! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww...Andrea thanks for the sweet comments! I sure do love you, and miss you so much already, I'm glad you are having fun and blogging lots :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...