Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Parents for a Visit!

I love my family and love spending time with them and definitely haven't gotten to see them enough this summer.  Luckily my parents were able to come into town and visit us!  We filled the week with a visit to Gettysburg...


I think Kenny and my dad enjoyed all the history a little more than me and my mom! :) Or maybe the three hour tour was just a little too long.. haha  It was amazing to be in such a somber place where so much of our Nation's history lies though. 

The rest of the week I got to show my parents all around Philadelphia.  They agreed it was a fun place although none of us are fans of the crazy traffic. 

Then we drove six hours north to Palmyra, New York.  We were able to see Joseph's Smiths house, the sacred grove, and the Hill Cumorah Pageant.  It was amazing and the spirit was so strong in these places. 
While we sat in the Sacred Grove my dad read part of the scriptures from Joseph Smith History and wow it was really neat!  It was also fun to see my parent's testimony through their eyes and example.  I loved being there and having that experience with them. 

We got to play tennis, explore old towns, and play card games throughout the week!  It was so fun having them come to visit and we're so happy they did! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...