Thursday, March 3, 2011

Something burnt, something cool, and some new snow shoes!

Burnt:  Well it happened again.  I tried to cook.  Actually lately I have been getting really interested in cooking fun new meals.  It all started when I actually went to the grocery store.  I found that it is incredibly easier to cook when you have more than just Worcestershire sauce and peanut butter sitting in your fridge.  So there I found myself making homemade hamburger buns on my day off of work.  It wasn’t as hard as I thought and I was really proud of myself for making something from scratch.  Well I had made more dough than expected so I had to save half to put in later.  Kenny came home from work and we decided to go hang out with our friends Carson and Shellena and Roy and Elliot.  So I put the rest of the dough in the oven…. And away we went to go play.


Three hours in the oven set at 350 = Very smoky apartment and bad smell.  At least I do have proof that I didn’t ruin the first batch!

Cool: Valentine’s Day this year seemed rather busy.  So we had decided to celebrate it over the weekend which didn’t really work out since I had to work but it still turned out to be very cool!  So even though this is really late…
Happy Valentine’s Day!



Kenny did a very cool surprise and bought me a keyboard so that I can re-learn how to play the piano!
Snowshoes:  My mom is very adventurous as long as it doesn’t come to heights.  She loves outdoors, hiking, and camping.  So my own mom planned our family a very fun trip to go snowshoeing on President’s Day.  We hiked all around Snow Basin in funny shoes that force you to walk like a duck leaving your hip flexors very sore the next day.  It was a very fun family day.


3 comments:

  1. Haha!!! I am glad you didn't burn down your apartment! New title for you: family fool!

    Keep blogging. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed...homemade hamburger buns!! You're becoming quite domestic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the?! You can make hamburger buns from scratch? haha, I did NOT think that was possible. (uh, yea I'm not the best cook either) And the snowshoeing looks like it was a blast!

    p.s. PLEASE MOVE UP HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...